5 things to try with your LDBFF
Tiffany and I originally were two tots in daycare, probably admiring the same barbie. These days we're in our late 20's experiencing the woes of transitioning into adulthood. We've lived in the same town, we've lived forty-five minutes apart, we've lived three and half hours apart (currently) and we're ten years strong into our friendship. The bouquet I carried in her wedding is the centerpiece decoration in the foyer of my studio apartment. The only thing that time and distance has brought to our friendship is a killer strength. We've texted every week like clock work while hours apart and now we're full blown still hanging 'face to face' thanks to Google Hangout. Here are five things we've realized we love to do.
1. Google Hangout Wine Night: What happens on google hangout wine night is fully disclosed information, but we are glad to tell you that it's a great time to unwine.
2. Google Hangout Face Mask: Our newest venture into multi-tasking girls night and beauty routines. Taking care of our skin is no easy feat. We both struggle with hormone/stress induced acne, Tiffany's experience different than my own and you can read about it in her post, Combo Pack.
3. Google Hangout Blogging: We both love Seamingly and work to keep it going while balancing work, school, and other projects. The day never ends and we recently read that we have the same number of hours in a day as Beyonce. Who knew?
4. Texting Regularly: I know how Tiffany's day is going and she knows how mine is going at about lunch time, every day.
5. Social Media: When there's not a serious bone in your body and humor is the only way to experience this wondrous adventure up the mountain of life don't forget to snap chat priceless moments and tag each other in Facebook and Instagram memes.
For me, staying in touch with friends is as much a luxury as a critical part of growing up. Physical distance in friendships can really make things tough if you're not sure how to maintain LDRs (long distance relationships). We're social animals, shy or not, and we cherish grabbing hold of our troubles and squeezing the joy out of them together. If you want to read about our face mask and routines check them in the beauty section.