26 style facts of 26 year old me
>> 26 style facts of 26 year old me
- The weird will never stop. When I wore this outfit to Ikea a lady pulled her friend aside to point at me. Good or bad I'm not sure, but this outfit is potentially a great example of how the weird will never stop.
- I'm definitely still insecure at 26 and question my style choices regardless of how much I love them.
- I'll always love floral prints, sucker for daisies.
- I've never been big on neon colored clothing. I've always been more of an earth tone kind of person.
- I've been told that I look like a grandmother in cardigans, but that won't ever stop me from loving cardigans. What's so bad about grandma?
- I typically feel a little guilt about leather products, but still buy them anyways. I'm terrible.
- This skirt is from Kaitlyn and Kimchi Blue, thank you Kaitlyn and Kimchi Blue.
- I've blogged this French Connection turtle neck several times.
- There are two reasons that I wear knee high socks: 1. extra warmth when I don't want to wear pants, 2. to cover up when I don't feel like shaving.
- Leather loafers feel like a peace offering from the shoe gods.
- My self portraits in strange outfits date back to 2002, when I was 12. I took them with my HP point and shoot camera that had a screen approximately 1x1 in. I still have it.
- I'm currently on the hunt for a ripped, cotton, flowing white skirt to re-create my first ever style self portrait.
- I chose to wear something fun the day before my birthday and then spent my entire birthday in a Jimi Hendrix t-shirt, Forever 21 sweatpants, no make-up, and no bra. It was pretty great.
- I was the last person to get ready at my 21st birthday party and I ended up looking like I hadn't slept in three days while wearing a very nice floral dress, a fedora, and moccasins that smelled like the tired feet inside them.
- I love looking at extravagant ball gowns and wedding dresses from the runway and red carpet, but I don't know that I could ever incorporate that into my 9-5. Le sigh.
- I am slightly obsessed with all of the colorful skirts, shirts and dresses by Chloé, but that's not going to happen anytime soon (expensive).
- I still wear my band t-shirts from high school even though they have holes in the armpits.
- I personally feel like Instagram is killing clothing trends before they've even started. Which results in quick trends and cheaply made clothes.
- I'm not really a brand person, more a quality person, but they typically are closely correlated.
- I was an emo / punk kid in high school, but I still made it onto the style page in the yearbook. Forever a proud moment.
- I always roll my eyes when I remember how my siblings and I were picked on at school for wearing shell toe adidas and then six months later everyone had a pair; now they're back, AGAIN.
- I didn't start thrifting until I couldn't afford new clothes, rent is expensive, but now I'm never turning back.
- I have a few really awesome belts with large decorative belt buckles, but I'm always afraid of wearing them. I once wore a large red belt around my waist, over a black and white striped shirt and it earned me the nickname, "the champ," for an entire year.
- You'll probably never catch me in athletic wear because I'm not athletic. I try, but it never lasts.
- I am pro-outfit repeating comfortable outfits.
- I've been all about my mom jeans lately.
Thanks to everyone for all of the awesome birthday wishes!
Turtle Neck >> French Connection
Skirt >> Kimchi Blue
Knee High Socks >> Forever 21
Leather Loafers >> Antonio Melani