Personal Style with Victoria
1. Where are you from and where are you living now?
From King, NC and from Winston Salem, NC.
2. How would you describe your style?
Western goth. A lot of black, animal bones, and bandannas.
3. What are some of your staple items? Is there anything that you just couldn’t live without?
I really love my animal bones, so I wouldn’t want to lose them.
4. How do you decide what to throw on for the day?
I won’t lie I’m kinda picky about matching so I piece the outfit together, then get dressed.
5. Do you have any inspirations for your style? and what are you wearing right now?
I love to see old tin types from the western era, but thinking of adding a dark twist. I’m wearing black top, blue flare jeans, black vintage boots, with a black and white bandanna.
6. What are some articles of clothing that you feel the most comfortable in?
I’m most comfortable in jeans. I’m not a fan of shorts, or dresses.
7. What are some of your favorite brands/designers/stores?
For most of my clothing I go to good will. My style isn’t very popular so you won’t find it in the mall. Surprisingly I’ve found some good things at target. Other then that, I stick very close to the local shop, Design archives, that have so many great western clothing.
8. What advice do you have for other guys/gals that would like to achieve a similar style?
Definitely start off looking for the wear at goodwill. Not too expensive and you can always find something. Then branch out and look locally!
9. Is there a color that you most often incorporate into your outfit, whether it be intentional or non-intentional?
Black is my favorite color because it can really go with anything. Plus it’s a very mysterious color in my eyes, and I feel I look best in it.
10. If we could go through your family photos and see a photographic documentary of your style phases, which style phase would be the most embarrassing? We’ve all had them!
When I was in middle school I definitely went through that emo phase. It was horrible and I don’t miss it.
11. Do you have a hidden hobby? or a hobby that not everyone knows about?
I love to sing and I’ve been told I’m well. Sadly I don’t believe people when they tell me that, so I mostly sing to myself, or when I’m drunk enough to do karaoke.
12. What goals did you want to achieve for your adult self when you were five or so?
Own a motorcycle. Sadly now a adult and still don’t have one but I still have time.
13. Have those goals changed? and what are they now?
I still want a motorcycle but when I was younger I wanted a sport bike, but I rather have something not as powerful.
14. Will you tell us about a struggle, recent or not, that you’ve overcome?
I still struggle with this time to time, but I’ve gotten a lot better with controlling bad thoughts I have about myself. I used to hate myself a lot when I was younger, but I’m a much happier soul.
15. Three Random Facts About Victoria:
I like to play guitar. I’m not a musician by any means, but it’s fun to make noise.
I like to like to collect pins.
I had a pet hedgehog once.
16. I know you personally and know that you are an artist, a very talented artist! Can you tell me what style and mediums of art are your favorites to create?
I’m a big fan of watercolor but I’ve also been exploring more with oil. I would also describe my art as kinda western goth. There always seems to be a western fill with a dark twist, oddly enough like my dressing style.
17. Have you always been drawn to art? What most inspires you to create?
I’ve been drawing as long as I could use a pencil. Sadly I still have a long way to go to be great, but I’m still young. I would have to say birds are a reoccurring theme in my art. So the creepier the bird, the more I want to paint it.
18. What are your goals and dreams for your art?
I’d hope to make a living just off my paintings but I feel that’s rare so if I couldn’t do that I’d happy to get into a animation studio to make films.
Victoria has an exhibition coming up at a/perture cinema. The ga//ery opening will be May the 3rd @ 6:30pm.
Follow Victoria's work on Instagram: